Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father's Rights

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Father's Rights on Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 pm


Arresto Menor
I have a child with my ex and is going to start schooling this coming schoolyear. I'm only earning 16k monthly. On the other hand, I also have another child with my present partner and another baby on the way. How many percent of my income shall I give as child support for my first child, given the fact that i have another two to support?

It was almost a year when I stopped sending money to the mother of my first child. My reason is that first, I lost my job, second is that she doesn't allow me to see my child for no reason (maybe because she's way to jealous because my wife that time is going to give birth to my son), third is i got some news from my sisters that she always get drunk and i'm afraid the money for my child just goes to her alcohols. By the way, my sister allowed her to live with them since i stopped sending money because its near her workplace and also to help her budget money for their neice. Eversince i was sending her 4500 monthly for the allowance of a 2 yr old girl that i think is too much.

Now I got back to work, and my child is going to school, i can finally send her allowance again. Unfortunately last sunday, the mother texted me asking for money for enrollment but I was unable to reply because I was at duty and im not allowed to use cellphone. The next day i already got a notice of mediation from public attorney.

Can you give me advice on the estimate on how much money should i send her since i has 2 other children with me to support. Or is it better if i ask the attorney on mediation to allow me to see my child I will be the one to personally enroll my child to school and not give money anymore since the mother is already being helped by my sister with accomodations and has alcohol issues. I'm willing to buy my child snacks for everyday and everything she needs in school...

Your advice would be great help. Thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: Father's Rights on Fri May 19, 2017 6:34 pm


Arresto Menor
oo pwede ikaw magenroll s bata kasi ung s asawa ko illegitimate daugther kmi ngbabayad s school ng tuition fee tapos yung sa service sa driver na mismo kami nagbbyad yun kasi ang pinirmahan namin sa pao

View user profile

3 Re: Father's Rights on Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 pm


Arresto Menor
Thank you leogurl!

View user profile

4 Re: Father's Rights on Tue May 23, 2017 10:50 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
1. You can remit your share of the expenses yourself to the school or wherever to make sure the mother of your child, who you have absolutely no obligation to support does not devote the funds to matters other than the support of your common child.

2. You cannot withhold support because she won't allow you to see your child. Support and visitation rights are independent of each other. Your obligation to support does not end just because you are not allowed to see the child. You could sue for visitation rights.

3. The amount of support is also dependent on your capacity to give. Never promise to give what you cannot. You will have trouble getting that reduced in the future.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum