Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Civil Case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Civil Case on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:33 am


Arresto Menor
hi atty. we have an account in one bank and is and/or account and has 2 account name : ( Person A ,person B)and Person A is the only one who sign the bounce cheque i jsut want to ask if person B will be charge a crime? i already consult an atty. and say the civil case will be charge to Person B. but i didnt clarify what is the civil case and what are the ussual punishment tnx

View user profile

2 Re: Civil Case on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 pm


in my opinion, only the one who signed the check will be liable for bp 22.

interesting issue on civil liability. if B can prove he did not benefit from the issuance of the check, then my argument will be that he is not liable.

and as long as a & b are not spouses.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Civil Case on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:46 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi po.

Can you please enlighten me on what civil case can be filed for non-payment of debt? And how it works?

My loan is 50k, my remaining balance is now 30k, since I lost my job was not able to continue the payment. I know the amount is not that big but I just got hired recently and my grandmother is very sick. I have suppressed bills and my pay goes directly for food and grandmother's medication. Naputulan na rin kami ng kuryente.

I am very worried and I fear to have a case filed against me. I don't have any money to spare.

I am in Cebu while my family stays in Negros. The other day, I was able to speak with my younger brother and was told they have received letter advsing for payments. Concern ako kasi September pa nka date yung letter and its already past November. Sabi, if payment is not made, case will be filed in my province.

I'm willing to pay. I need time lang talaga. Kung uunahin ko sila, paano na ang mga gamot at eskewla ng kapatid ko.
Aside sa office nagtututor din ako to earn extra. Hindi ko alam paano mapagkakasya lahat, oras at sahud. Wala ako sa Negros and my work is in Cebu.

What case can they file against me?
Will I go to jail?
And how can I get help?

Please respond to my query. Please help me may kapatid at lola pa akong nag hihintay sa akin.

Thank you po.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum