1) i just discovered 3 years ago while still employed that i have spinal issue that requires surgery (500k up php) (expensive & risky) according to doctors
2) I am computer programmer by profession
3) I have asked if their is sss sickness benefit with company hr they say they dont have this, but i have checked website and confirm this existed;
I was granted 3 months of leave of absence ( no work no pay) I have explained that i am taking this leave due to medical reason, i am on my 3rd week of leave,
1) can i still file sickness benefit?; i am on my 3rd week of leave, according to an employee in the sss i can just get reexamined and file the sickness form within
2) can an employee avail of the sickness benefit; yearly? after sickleave has been used up; is this deductible to an employee lump sum / future pension?
3) do i just resign from work or do i just get myself terminated?
can someone give their best advise regarding this? my plan: to get the best monetary compensation considering my condition