Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed about teen pregnancy issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help needed about teen pregnancy issues on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:27 am

aceking

Arresto Menor
Hi all,

I would like to ask about the legalities involving minors going thru teen pregnancy? As it happens, I have a son, almost 16 years of age same as his girlfriend who is now pregnant.

1. I would like to have the girl stay with us from now on as I, along with my wife would like to be able to make sure that the girl and the baby, which is of course our grandson is well taken cared of. We're not a rich family but we are a little above average, I'd like to think so. The girl's family is living in a slum area in Metro Manila, which is notorious for having thieves and the likes. Not to mention the much too frequent fires that occur in their community. Which makes me want to have the girl stay with us. First and foremost, to make sure the child is safe and secure. The girl's father has a stable job as a security job, while the mother is at the moment a housewife. Will there be legal issues if we are to demand that the girl stay with us? They are also asking for us to share in expenses like check ups, lab tests, etc, to which we have no problem. We'd even be happy to take care of the bills especially if the girl will be allowed to live with us. Do we have any chance of having things go our way? My son also does not want his future wife to not be with him during the pregnancy. He also does not wish to stay nor have his soon to be born son live in that kind of environment. Thank you for whatever advice you can give.

View user profile

2 Re: Help needed about teen pregnancy issues on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:41 am

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
You cannot force the parents to give up custody of their daughter, if they do not want to. Also, if your son's girlfriend does not want to stay with you, you cannot compel her to do so against her will.

View user profile

3 Re: Help needed about teen pregnancy issues on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm

aceking

Arresto Menor
Thank you for the reply. I understand po. However, will it change if the girl is willing to live with my son as we believe she does? We just can't imagine having the child brought up in such environment. It's really hard for my wife and I just thinking about it. Please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against people choosing to live or forced to live in such places. It's just that we would like to raise our kids/ grandkids in a much safer, and more pleasant surroundings. This is one reason we are working so hard for. Thanks

View user profile

4 Re: Help needed about teen pregnancy issues on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
Since she is a minor, you will have to take that up with the persons who exercise parental authority over her.

View user profile

5 Re: Help needed about teen pregnancy issues on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm

aceking

Arresto Menor
Thank you po ulit sa reply. Pumayag po mkipagkita sa amin yung parents nung girl sa baranggay na nkakasakop sa knila. Ayaw daw po kasi nila na mgkita at maging close pa ang anak ko at anak nila dahil iniisip nila na baka mabuntis ulit yung anak nila at hindi na mkapag aral. Problema ko po eh mahal naman talaga ng anak ko yung anak nila and vice versa. Naiintindihan ko rin ang anak ko na gusto nya makasama at makatabi sa pagtulog ang mag ina nya kahit ngayong nagdadalan tao pa lang yung girl. Salamat po at more power! Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum