Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to apply an annulment I'm a Muslin now according to Sharia Law

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello good day!
        I was married before as a Catholic for 13 years, last October 2016 I'm converted to Islam my formerly husband was having an relationship or live in partner to another woman for 3 years now, we are separated for almost 5 years now, how can I apply my annulment to him as he is not giving support to my children and living with the another woman. And in sharia is there any cases to annul our marriage or to file a separation so I can be re married again to another man? because now I'm holding a Islam certificate and we married before both catholic is there any possibility?
        I would like to find out is there any way because as of now we
are separated and I really want to have annulment to him. I'm waiting for your kind advice. Thank you

Last edited by rhea0621 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong entry)

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
you have to have your first marriage annulled through civil court first since the first marriage was under civil law and not through sharia. get a lawyer as only the court can declare your marriage annulled.

View user profile


Arresto Menor

Salam and good day mam Rhea,

Your marriage was under Civil Law and can only be dissolve through annulment. Your Civil liabilities will not extinguish by conversion to Islam unless both parties converted to Islam and ratified the Civil Marriage. In the case of ratified marriage, the marriage is now considered under Islamic Law or govern by the Code of Muslim Personal Law of the Philippines (PD 1083).

I sent you a Private Message. And for more clarification and legal assistance, you can email me:

Thank you

Shariah Counselor

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum