Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password




You are not connected. Please login or register

Sexually Transmitted Desease case

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:49 am

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
Good day! This is a sensitive case and may not be usual, not heard of or not being practice to some country. I seek legal advice and I don't know where and to whom I should ask for help. I am from Philippines and I got a sexually transmitted from a Singaporean. I met him over dating site and we decided to meet each other. When I started to feel different in my body( in my health), I had check up and discovered I had sexually transmitted disease. I start to ask him and ask for proof that he is clean but he deny it to me and didn't show any proof. When I ask help for my medication and all, he don't want to help and even ignore me and unfriend me. As I tried through internet as I want to seek justice of what happen to me, in what I have read there's a possibility that I can file a case against this person. This is considered physical and emotional damage. My problem is I don't know where and whom to ask help. Any legal advice would be so much appreciated...

Should I go to Singapore embassy and report this or to International tribunal justice( I don't know if I got the name right).

Can I use this against republic-act-8504

View user profile

2 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:19 pm

xtianjames


Reclusion Perpetua
i don't think you can look for legal recourse regarding your case. it is sad that you had been contaminated with STD but unless you can prove to the court that he has malicious intent and he intentionally spread the disease to you, you cannot do anything if he did not force you to have sex with him. you are two consenting adults in the eye of the law and thus, should be liable to your own actions.

View user profile

3 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:35 am

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
What if I ask evidence from him to prove that he is clean but he refuse to provide that, can't I use that against him? In other country, if sex partner fails to provide his medical/health condition it can be use against him. Either he to do it intentionally or unintentionally. Also, he mention something only after we had sex that he went to Thailand to pay girls for sex and he even mention he use gays. Isn't it his intention to spread the decease by hiding it from me when I seek proof?

View user profile

4 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 pm

xtianjames


Reclusion Perpetua
you do know that this person has his own rights too, right? you cannot compel someone to do the tests just because you wanted to. this can only happen with a court order.



View user profile

5 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
I didn't ask it before but, since he claims he had his check up and he can prove that to me but when I ask for it like come okay show me but, he didn't. Yes, I know he has his own right that is why I want this process to be done legally. That is why I try to ask help or seek advice from someone who is a lawyer, maybe... I have read some cases like mine and they were able to file charges against some who transmitted disease. In article I have read in title "10 STD laws you should know about" ,I have read that: 1. You may face criminal charges for passing an STD to someone else. 2. You may face civil charges for passing an STD to someone else.3. You can be charged if you transmitted an STD and knew you were infected.4. Even if you didn’t actually transmit the infection, you may still be charged.5. Even if the sex was consensual, you can be sued.6. Even if you used protection, you can be sued.7. HIV is often treated as a special case. 8. In the past, an HIV-positive status could be a bar to immigration, but that isn’t the case anymore.9. Doctors can be sued for revealing that someone has an STD.10. Institutions can be sued for transmitting STDs.

If in other places, they were able to handle this kind of lace, I believe we have international law also regarding STD and other related cases.

In my case, I think 1, 2 , 3 ,4 ,and 5 can be applicable or can be studied. If someone who can read my post, a lawyer and also have knowledge with international law...any help would be appreciated. This guy is still attached to Singapore army.

It may sound hopeful, but my case can be a key of awareness of all he women or men who is also a victim of something like this. That we can also seek justice. Nobody wants to be like this or get something like this... maybe , this one too deserves justice...

View user profile

6 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 pm

xtianjames


Reclusion Perpetua
better hire a lawyer to handle your case as you will have to discuss this matter with him. anyone can file a case. the only question is if the case will prosper based on the facts and evidences provided to the court.

also, please note that each country has their own respective laws. you can only use what is mandated by Philippine law if you will file the case in the Philippines. you cannot quote another countries law just to validate your claims.

anyway, you can wait for a lawyer's feedback to shed his thoughts regarding your case.

View user profile

7 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
fallenjustice wrote:I didn't ask it before but, since he claims he had his check up and he can prove that to me but when I ask for it like come okay show me  but, he didn't. Yes, I know he has his own right that is why I want this process to be done legally. That is why I try to ask help or seek advice from someone who is a lawyer, maybe... I have read some cases like mine and they were able to file charges against some who transmitted disease. In article I have read in title "10 STD laws you should know about" ,I have read that: 1. You may face criminal charges for passing an STD to someone else. 2. You may face civil charges for passing an STD to someone else.3. You can be charged if you transmitted an STD and knew you were infected.4. Even if you didn’t actually transmit the infection, you may still be charged.5. Even if the sex was consensual, you can be sued.6. Even if you used protection, you can be sued.7. HIV is often treated as a special case. 8. In the past, an HIV-positive status could be a bar to immigration, but that isn’t the case anymore.9. Doctors can be sued for revealing that someone has an STD.10. Institutions can be sued for transmitting STDs.

If in other places, they were able to handle this kind of lace, I believe we have international law also regarding STD and other related cases.

In my case, I think 1, 2 , 3 ,4 ,and 5 can be applicable or can be studied. If someone who can read my post, a lawyer and also have knowledge with international law...any help would be appreciated. This guy is still attached to Singapore army.

It may sound hopeful, but my case can be a key of awareness of all he women or men who is also a victim of something like this. That we can also seek justice. Nobody wants to be like this or get something like this... maybe , this one too deserves justice...

1. You had casual UNPROTECTED SEX with a person, and then later on you contracted a sexually transmitted disease. In the first place, it was ALSO YOUR CHOICE TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX, RIGHT? You took the risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease upon yourself.

2. How sure are you that you contracted the disease from him?

3. The platitudes you are extolling are, quite frankly, aimless and cliche. Consult a lawyer in Singapore and see if you could sue him there.

View user profile

8 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 pm

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
1. Yes, it's our choice to have unprotected sex. It never came to my mind that I have to take this kind of risk but was only taking thinking of taking risk of getting pregnant. When you thought that this person will not harm you and is true to you, you wouldn't think of this kind of risk. But, this is different situation. You think if someone will tell you at the first place, you would still take the risk?

2.Yes, I am sure I got it from his because he's the man I had contact with. Four days after we had contact an unusual blood came out. But, I choose to ignore it at first. But, when we had contact again, another blood come out. Since he was mentioning he had test so I ask for the result but he refuse to show that. Of course- he have the right not to show it. If a person is not guilty, why he would refuse to show the test?


3.Yes, that's what I believe before it's aimless and cliche. But, when I saw an article regarding local and international law here in Philippines, I hold on to hope and chances. I can't just go directly to Singapore and sue him, I bet you know that . I need to undergo a process. That is why I am holding on chances that I can get advice from whom who have knowledge with international law and willing to study this very rare case. Also, who is willing to discuss R.A 8504.

View user profile

9 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
The provisions of Republic Act 8504 are easily Google-able, and they speak about the proper accreditation, education, testing, counseling and treatment procedures of persons who are likely infected with this disease and the imposition of penalties upon the persons, institutions, clinics, hospitals and the like that do not comply with the safety standards and protocols.

It appears that your situation would not even fall under any of the circumstances mentioned in the law wherein the courts can compel a person to undergo HIV/AIDS testing.

If you really are so determined, hire the services of a lawyer and actually pay that person accordingly for the job you are demanding to be done.

View user profile

10 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 pm

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
Then, how about R.A 9851 section 6, paragraph G ( or line G or whatever this should be said ). Yes, it is Google-able everything is Google-Able nowadays. That is why I'm searching because I want to know. Do I have to study law to know all this Republic Act?


If I can find, yes I will. I'm not demanding actually. I am on searching and seeking help or any advice. I appreciate your response and for reading my case.

View user profile

11 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:35 pm

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
Isn't STD not a sexual violence? Having an STD feels like more than physical and emotional damage.

View user profile

12 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
fallenjustice wrote:Then, how about R.A 9851 section 6, paragraph G ( or line G or whatever this should be said ). Yes, it is Google-able everything is Google-Able nowadays. That is why I'm searching because I want to know. Do I have to study law to know all this Republic Act?


If I can find, yes I will. I'm not demanding actually. I am on searching and seeking help or any advice. I appreciate your response and for reading my case.

You are comparing one incident, personal to you as a crime against humanity. That particular crime against humanity pertains to a widespread and systemic attack against a civilian population.


View user profile

13 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:20 pm

xtianjames


Reclusion Perpetua
Isn't STD not a sexual violence? Having an STD feels like more than physical and emotional damage.
imho no. tulad nga ng sabi ko nung una, kakailanganin mo patunayan sa korte na may masama syang balak sayo at hinawaan ka nya ng STD intentionally para maging liable sya sa nangyari. masakit mang tanggapin pero as of now, kung itutuloy mo magsampa ng kaso eh it will be your word against his.

also, keep in mind na some STD have long incubating period. hindi porke nagka STD ka ngayon ay yung partner mo na at the time ang naghawa sayo. pwedeng infected ka na at the time pero wala palang lumabas na symptoms. what i would suggest is just focus on your treatment and be very vigilant next time regarding your sexual safety.

View user profile

14 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
xtianjames wrote:
Isn't STD not a sexual violence? Having an STD feels like more than physical and emotional damage.
imho no. tulad nga ng sabi ko nung una, kakailanganin mo patunayan sa korte na may masama syang balak sayo at hinawaan ka nya ng STD intentionally para maging liable sya sa nangyari. masakit mang tanggapin pero as of now, kung itutuloy mo magsampa ng kaso eh it will be your word against his.

also, keep in mind na some STD have long incubating period. hindi porke nagka STD ka ngayon ay yung partner mo na at the time ang naghawa sayo. pwedeng infected ka na at the time pero wala palang lumabas na symptoms. what i would suggest is just focus on your treatment and be very vigilant next time regarding your sexual safety.

She actually had me at CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. Razz

View user profile

15 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
fallenjustice wrote:Isn't STD not a sexual violence? Having an STD feels like more than physical and emotional damage.

You could also Google the latin phrase damnun absque injuria. If you are unable to prove in court by means of tangible evidence (not just your opinion) that this person gave you the sexually transmitted disease you are now suffering, your case has no leg to stand on.

View user profile

16 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 pm

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
That is why I want to ask him in legal means to have test. Since he deny to have one. If he is safe, then, why he's so afraid of having test, right?

View user profile

17 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:11 pm

fallenjustice


Arresto Menor
It's not just the STD , it's about the damage he caused because of that. You might want to laugh at it right now but, as for you this is a cliche, but I know this is something worth fighting for. I won't fight if I know I'm going to loss the battle. I want to fight because I know what I am fighting for.

I have my treatment and I focus that as well.

You can laugh at this because this is quite new to you right? Because no one in Philippines tried to fight this kind of battle. Because, you don't know how to win this if you handle this kind of case.

View user profile

18 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
06.23.2017
fallenjustice wrote:That is why I want to ask him in legal means to have test. Since he deny to have one. If he is safe, then, why he's so afraid of having test, right?

NO. The accuser (i.e. YOU) has the BURDEN OF PROOF. Obviously, this person has a right to decline for reasons of his own privacy.

If you said he was tested before, ask where, go to court, PAY FOR THE SERVICES OF A LAWYER and pray for a subpoena duces tecum for the testing center to release his results.

View user profile

19 Re: Sexually Transmitted Desease case on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Jadis

avatar
Reclusion Perpetua
fallenjustice wrote:It's not just the STD , it's about the damage he caused because of that. You might want to laugh at it right now but, as for you this is a cliche, but I know this is something worth fighting for. I won't fight if I know I'm going to loss the battle. I want to fight because I know what I am fighting for.

I have my treatment and I focus that as well.

You can laugh at this because this is quite new to you right? Because no one in Philippines tried to fight this kind of battle. Because, you don't know how to win this if you handle this kind of case.

It's cliche because you keep extolling platitudes and mother statements without really understanding the contents of the laws and legal principles you keep citing. Platitudes and speeches get you nowhere in court. EVIDENCE DOES.

If I am to speak in weird, mismatched, misplaced mixed metaphors, you are being given free pearls here, and you keep spitting at your gifts it is extremely frustrating.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum