Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inheritance

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Inheritance on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Anne Orquejo

Arresto Menor
Hi!
Is it possible to take your siblings off the so-called inheritance like land ownership?

For instance, I am the ate and I will take my youngest brother off the names of the owner of the land. My purpose is to spite my brother's wife so that they (wife and children) will not recieve a part of the land or even stay there.

Note: it's not me.

View user profile

2 Re: Inheritance on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
If you are not the owner of the land then you have no right to do that.

View user profile

3 Re: Inheritance on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Anne Orquejo

Arresto Menor
There are 4 siblings, all of them have a claim on the land - albeit no papers yet. Just the eldest wants to remove the youngest from land title owners to prevent the (youngest's) family from having a claim.

View user profile

4 Re: Inheritance on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Anne Orquejo wrote:There are 4 siblings, all of them have a claim on the land - albeit no papers yet. Just the eldest wants to remove the youngest from land title owners to prevent the (youngest's) family from having a claim.
If there are no will, then all sibblings have equal shares of the TOTAL value of the inheritance. Normaly that mean all sibblings have equal shares of the real estate.
That can be changed by
/someone got other values from the inheritance (if agreed by the one who got different)
/someone waved (=gave away) his/her share or part of if
/someone is bought out from a property (or business). But that's as a sell so BOTH sides have to agree to it and sign needed documents.

View user profile

5 Re: Inheritance on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
You cannot unilaterally exclude your brother.

View user profile

6 Re: Inheritance on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Ladie

Prision Mayor
You can settle the property problem by either judicial or extrajudicial settlement read rules 74 of New Rules of Court wherein this will be publish in newspaper that for two years those creditors of the property or heirs may claim.
_________
I am not a lawyer but this what we did on our parents properties.

View user profile

7 Re: Inheritance on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Wyzant

Arresto Menor
Pwede po mag seek Ng advice? Halimbawa po 8 kaming magkakapatid nag agree Ang 7 na ibenta na ang inherited property since may buyer na..si isang kapatid ayaw pabenta Ang lupa.. what can we do about this?

View user profile

8 Re: Inheritance on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
Wyzant wrote:Pwede po mag seek Ng advice? Halimbawa po 8 kaming magkakapatid nag agree Ang 7 na ibenta na ang inherited property since may buyer na..si isang kapatid ayaw pabenta Ang lupa.. what can we do about this?

You have to go to court. See Art. 491 of the New Civil Code.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum