Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

sworn sttement issue pls help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 sworn sttement issue pls help on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:37 pm

marjorie.bandejas

Arresto Menor
so i have given a statement and my statement was used by a defendant charged with murder. i said in my statement that i did not see him do the crime. i did not say though that i know that he did it because he told me. i also lied in my statement in regards to what really happened. the purpose is to defend the accused. the case is still in the fiscal's office. now i want to correct my statement. will i be in trouble? i know yes but how deep? thank you in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: sworn sttement issue pls help on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
It is perjury to lie under oath, on a material matter.

Retract your statement. You might be found out during cross examination that you lied, and by then it might be too late for you to escape liability for your lying.

View user profile

3 Re: sworn sttement issue pls help on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 pm

marjorie.bandejas

Arresto Menor
thank you. is it still possible to retract my statement? if yes, how do i go about it. thank you.

View user profile

4 Re: sworn sttement issue pls help on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
Hire a lawyer for your protection and go to the Prosecutor's Office

View user profile

5 Re: sworn sttement issue pls help on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:21 pm

marjorie.bandejas

Arresto Menor
say i have a lawyer already, pede ko bang sabihin na i am retracting my statement because i lied without being sued by perjury? and who will sue me of perjury? thank you in advance

View user profile

6 Re: sworn sttement issue pls help on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:23 pm

marjorie.bandejas

Arresto Menor
say i have a lawyer already, pede ko bang sabihin na i am retracting my statement because i lied without being sued by perjury? and who will sue me of perjury? thank you in advance

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum