Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Another Problem on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 am

tinxiedoodles

Arresto Menor
Me again. I just wanted to know if I can do something legally about this...

Around 2006, I was included in a Special Committee (without prior consultation with me). All the members of that committee received an honoraria of 3,000 pesos per meeting. This grant of honoraria was duly approved by our Board Members. When the Committee's purpose was served, it was dissolved, etc. Everybody's happy.

Fast forward 4 years and I have received a memorandum from our EVP. It was a notice of salary deduction. Apparently, the members of that Committee was granted excess honoraria. (Mistake of the Management and Board), and now the Board is rectifying its mistake and have decided to refund the excess honoraria on a staggered basis.

Is this legal? Considering it was management and board decision to grant us that amount, hence it was also their mistake?

I think it is justifiable though, but I just wanted to be sure we aren't being screwed. Thanks so much.

BTW this forum is a good idea. Bless you for giving us clueless people legal advice.

Much love

View user profile

2 Re: Another Problem on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 am

tinxiedoodles

Arresto Menor
BTW, our Board is citing a law as basis for this alleged "excess honoraria" grant. Would you know what law they are referring to? Thank you so much.

View user profile

3 Re: Another Problem on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:40 pm

tinxiedoodles

Arresto Menor
Also let me add that we have received those honoraria in good faith, under the honest belief that the Board Resolution that approved the granting of such authorized the payment of honoraria. Now they are making bawi.

View user profile

4 Re: Another Problem on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 am

attyLLL

so is there a secretary's certificate from 2006 stating that the boar approved the allowance?

if so, i would argue that it was within the board's authority then to issue such a resolution, and it is not proper to withdraw it now.

i'm afraid you'll have to give me a clue what law they are referring to. it might be the corporation or civil code

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Another Problem on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 am

tinxiedoodles

Arresto Menor
yes, there was a board resolution issued. they were referring to an issuance by DBM, however the issuance only pertained to HONORARIA. our board resolution mentions the grant of PER DIEM.

View user profile

6 Re: Another Problem on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm

attyLLL

i would argue that honoraria and per diem would is the same. you will have to file a complaint at the CSC to resolve this.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

7 Re: Another Problem Today at 2:07 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum