Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warrantless search

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Warrantless search on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:03 am

alfred311

Arresto Menor
I work in an LGU, after parking the guard approach me and told me they are conducting random search of the vehicle, i asked why and told me it is just random and just making sure no government properties inside the vehicle, the guards told me that if i dont have anything to hide to just do it and get it over with, other cars have already been searched and everything goes smoothly.

I asked them if the director and the hr knows about this and told me that everything is aboveboard. I told them they can search the vehicle as long as they can show me a search warrant from the court, and with a sheriff beside them. Then they suddenly change tone, said some words and leave me alone.

I immediately proceeded to the HR and told them about the incident. The hr told me that it is just voluntary and no need to make a scene or make things big.

My question is, is the admin right in doing this? Can i file complaint against them? And what is my legal remedy to prevent this from happening again. Ty

View user profile

2 Re: Warrantless search on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua
They can not search the vehicle without any search warrant.  They can only do visual inspection, like opening the trunk for security purposes.

View user profile

3 Re: Warrantless search on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua
Moving forward, better post your concern in the correct thread. Your concern has nothing to do with Labor and Employment.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum