Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forced maternity leave

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Forced maternity leave on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Mikaella_15

Arresto Menor
Hi.. I just want to ask if an employer can force someone to go on maternity leave. I just had a miscarriage three weeks ago but was able to report for work even without a fit to work a day after the event because I already can. Then after 5 days i was asked to go on medical leave pending the recommendation of the OB.. Now i already have fit to work but my boss still doesnt want me to go to work. Is this legal?

View user profile

2 Re: Forced maternity leave on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Capt Ragnar

Arresto Mayor
Mikaella_15 wrote:Hi.. I just want to ask if an employer can force someone to go on maternity leave. I just had a miscarriage three weeks ago but was able to report for work even without a fit to work a day after the event because I already can. Then after 5 days i was asked to go on medical leave pending the recommendation of the OB.. Now i already have fit to work but my boss still doesnt want me to go to work. Is this legal?

The employer can't force someone to be on Mat Leave, unless they do not want you already to be part of your company. Did you asked why you shouldn't be reporting to work?

Get some certification from a doctor indicating your fit work, just in case something happens.

View user profile

3 Re: Forced maternity leave on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua
you can go to work but you can't collect na maternity leave from SSS. Hindi pwedeng magdoble

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum