Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid hong kong debt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unpaid hong kong debt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Jhen20

Arresto Menor
Hello ma'am/sir,

Good day sir/ma'am. I am an ofw (dh). I would like to ask for legal advice because i am very stressed due to unpaid debt in hong kong.

The story is like this, when i worked in HK i (together with my friend) applied for a bank loan under my name which we shared. The amount of loan we had is 20,000hkd which each of us got 10,000. However, my employers transferred from hk to another country after few months with me. But before i moved i made sure i paid my entire dues of 10,000 to bank hoping & trusting that my friend would continue paying hers. Last paymenti made was dec 2015.

Just yesterday, august 1, my family in the philippines received a letter from enzi corporation signed by a certain attorney pedro leslie b. Salva. The letter demands that i pay 45,000hkd+++ within 5 days because they decided they will file civil case, travel ban and cases under poea, nbi. I have read stories online regarding harassment and embarrassmetn made by enzi when collecting and it scares me especially i have 3 young kids at home.

Ma'am/sir, if they file a case on me what should i do? Also, does philippine law allows that in terms of unpaid debts made outside the country? What will i do if i get a travel ban and an nbi/poea case? I am trying to reach out to my friend but she blocked all connections.

Looking forward for legal advice ma'am/sir. Thank you so much

View user profile

2 Re: Unpaid hong kong debt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:28 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
since the loan is under your name alone, then your the only one who has a loan as far as the bank is concern.

anyway, it seems like this is just a scare tactic by a collection agency. you cannot have a travel ban imposed on you for civil cases. even if the case was filed, the worst that can happen is the court will order you to pay your debts.

if ever they filed a case, just attend the hearing. if your willing to pay your debts, the court might be more lenient regarding payment terms.

View user profile

3 Re: Unpaid hong kong debt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Jhen20

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the reply. But, i am out of the country. Also, is it really legal and possible for a loan outside ph to be collected in ph? Is it in philippine law? Thank you.

View user profile

4 Re: Unpaid hong kong debt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:40 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
yes it is legal since banks can hire collection agencies in other countries to collect the money on their behalf.

View user profile

5 Re: Unpaid hong kong debt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Jhen20

Arresto Menor
Thank you. So what are the chances of filing a civil case, nbi and poea cases against me if i am out of the philippines? Does that mean when i re-enter ph i will have an issue with the immigration because of these cases?

View user profile

6 Re: Unpaid hong kong debt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:09 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
They cannot file a case against you on NBI or POEA as this is not the agency for this type of cases. they probably just mentioned these to scare you to pay.
if you have a travel ban, usually immigrations will let you in the Philippines without issue. They will only stop you when you try to get out again. however, as previously mentioned, you cannot have a travel ban imposed on you for civil cases.

for your peace of mind, once you go to the Phils, apply for an NBI clearance before leaving the country again. this way you can be sure that you do not have any criminal case against you and you can show something to the immigration officer in case they question you.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum