Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need advise or help for my son's birth certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My son was born in the Cayman Islands in 1995.  We brought him back here in the Philippines after 1 and half year.  His passport indicates that he was born in the Cayman Islands, However, he has no record in the Philippine Embassy in Washington because we did not submit his birth certificate at their office nor report his birth in the Cayman Islands thinking he will going home to the Philippines after couple of years.  

Fast forward 1998 when he need to go to school, since he has no record in the Philippines, my parents applied for late Registration of his birth but used Philippine address instead of Cayman Islands.

Now there is a conflict about this because my son used the Cayman Islands birth certificate in school and also in his  NBI certification.  He need NSO copy of his birth certificate next month for PRC.

His NSO copy of Birth Certificate indicates that he was born in the Philippines, while his passport and NBI clearance indicates that he was born in the Cayman Islands.

How can we change or correct this?  I know it has been 22 years and this issue should be corrected from the beginning.  Who should we talk about this and where should we go to be able to correct this.

Please advise.  Thanks! Stiempo1

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum