Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

taxes and duties

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 taxes and duties on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 am

Arresto Menor
hello. i would like to seek legal advice regarding my problem with FEDEX. I recently received a package from my boyfriend in Japan via FEDEX. This is the third time that i have received a package via FEDEX but this is the first time that FEDEX is charging me. The total cost of the items that were sent to me is approximately $20 dollars, payment for the shipping or waybill not yet included. I was shocked when the FEDEX guy told me that i need to pay an amount of Php3719.59. The breakdown of the charges are as follows:

Custom Forms & Stamps 315.00
Duties & Taxes 2,844.00
Storage Fee 560.59

Before I complain, I would like to know if this is legal. Please advise.

Last edited by carol7381 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

View user profile

2 Re: taxes and duties on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

bringing in goods requires payment of import duties and taxes. if before you got away with it, it does not mean it cannot be charged to your new packages.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum