Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

IS IT CONCUBINAGE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 IS IT CONCUBINAGE on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 am

kittycat82

Arresto Menor
Dear Ma'am/Sir: Good day
This is a problem related to my brother not mine. My brother was married first but because of marital problems he had with her first wife, he converted to Islam and married another girl in an Islam wedding and yes he is practicing that conversion religiously. Now the first wife of his filed a complaint in court regarding about my brother's relationship. Do you think what my brother did is concubinage or he had a way of getting out of that mess? Thank you...If you have solution please do answer. I would highly appreciate it.

View user profile

2 Re: IS IT CONCUBINAGE on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:27 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
if he did not dissolve the previous marriage before contracting to the second marriage, he is liable for bigamy not concubinage.

View user profile

3 Re: IS IT CONCUBINAGE on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2011/september2011/191425.html

This is enlightening. The circumstances might be different, but it appears your brother did not marry his first wife under Muslim rights.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum