I've been working for my current employer for more than a year now, to be exact 1.5 years. Before I was hired, the President of the company told us that we [my colleagues and I] will be under a two-year contract [verbally, until now we were not given any written contract yet], we were fresh grads then, we don't have any idea regarding this contract thing that is usually given by employers. We expected that it will be given the moment we start working for the company,but until now we don't hold a copy of our contract, our mistake is that we never asked for it again. During that time I just want to gain experiences from my work, so I didn't care much about that verbal contract then. Now here comes a point where I want to resign already, I have been thinking about this since last year but I'm afraid to execute because it might cause some trouble regarding my post-employment documents since I'm not yet finish with my 2 year verbal contract, we were not even told what would be the consequence in case we don't finish it in two years.
Here comes a new problem for me,lately, we were told again by President verbally that since we have upcoming schedule for paid trainings (not sure about this, since I don't trust them anymore, so far all trainings I have been through since I got employed were all offered free from our partner companies), our employer asked us to extend our contract again to another year (that would be hell for another year and half for me, I really want to resign asap, I don't see any future for myself and for the company). I think I've had enough in this company, I have so many frustrations with them, I'm doing this for myself and for my future family.
By the way, we were regularized after 9 months, is that the standard/common practice for employers to regularized their employees?
Now, I have decided to apply to other companies, If I will be accepted to work for a new company (crossing my fingers on this one), how will I settle with my current employer smoothly? I'm afraid that my current employer won't give me a certificate of employment (former employees experienced this). Or if ever, how will I settle it with them to give me a CoE and all other significant post-employment documents, this is my priority, I don't care much about my backpay.
Please help me, this will be my first time resigning. Any inputs/suggestions/advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you for your patience reading this post.