Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOW TO CHANGE SURNAME

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 HOW TO CHANGE SURNAME on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:00 pm

JohannezChubong

Arresto Menor
Hello everyone! I am hoping I could get clarification in this site regarding my concern.

I was originally registered upon birth with my father's surname without getting married with my mom that time. Unexpectedly, my father died before they settle their civil marriage and my mom and I was left out together with my younger brother who also carries the surname of our deceased father. But when we are about to enter schooling, I don't have enough idea the reason why my mom got decided to have as both a late registration of our birth certificate in the province. But this time, she already changed our surname from my father's to hers. So basically, we are already carrying my mother's maiden surname. And take note, that late registration was  successfully acknowledged with my deceased father's name. This time, we are not already carrying his surname. Legally using my Late Registration of Birth Certificate up until this time. And just to know you guys, my mom got married and we are having our step father already. So automatically, my mom's surname have changed already and in the family, my younger brother and I who had the late registration carrying our mother's maiden name is seeking to return back our surname and carry our true father's surname.

I hope guys you can help me on what will be the things that I need to consider and on how to successfully bring back our prior surname.

thank You!

View user profile

2 Re: HOW TO CHANGE SURNAME on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
So you are saying you have two entries? The entry with the lower number usually prevails.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum