Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you use material from a hacked email account as evidence against a cheating spouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

woodsman479

Arresto Menor
I have a friend whose husband is having an affair.

The guy was careless enough to leave the email settings on his computer to "autologin", making no effort for us to access it.

It reveals detailed correspondence between the guy and his mistress, and pictures as well that they are together on numerous occasions. We have then saved these messages and pictures as proof. The guy still doesn't know about this.

We would like to know our options and if we can use this in court; The evidence is so damning that it can win the case by a landslide.

What are the chances of winning the case if we use this evidence?

Will he court question the source of this evidence?

Is there a possibility that this evidence may be nullified through a technicality? It has been obtained illegally after all.

And worse, is it possible that the guy initiate a counter-lawsuit for illegally accessing his email account?

View user profile

attyLLL

those evidences would be inadmissible for being acquired in violation of the constitutional right to privacy of correspondence.

and yes, he can countersue for the illegal access.

what i would recommend is to keep monitoring the email for intelligence gathering, then get independent proof that is usable. (maybe the pics can suddenly appear on his Facebook page)

not too sure what you mean by damning evidence. for a charge of psycho violence, you have to prove repeated marital infidelity. for concubinage, they have to be living together.

you should also consider using the threat of an actual case rather than actually filing it. many times, very effective compared to a real one.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

mommy_she

Arresto Menor
Smile

Last edited by mommy_she on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

woodsman479

Arresto Menor
@ atty LLL

Thanks for the feedback.

What I meant by damning evidence is:

* Email correspondence that is "intimate" in nature (mentions of their sexual exploits)
* Pictures of them together in a hotel room together (no sexual act )
is captured on the photos, but they ARE together in the room wearing their comfortable sleeping clothes)

Yes, a verbal threat has been made, but looking further at their recent correspondence, it looks like neither the guy nor the mistress is affected by the threat.

Yes, we do to continue the email monitoring for intelligence gathering.

Considering all of the above, can you provide some sort of effective method of delivering this threat?

View user profile

attyLLL

is the wife still living with the man? dependent on him for support? Children?

What I've done in the past is to write the cheating spouse and the other 'person' to stop it or else. It has mixed results.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum