Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

The correct order of inheritance

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The correct order of inheritance on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:32 pm

tangadsangig

Arresto Menor
Hi! Please enlighten me. I have also posted this in property because it also involves a piece of land while it also involves inheritance which (I think) involves the family.

Mr. A owns a titled piece of land and died in 2012. His wife Mrs. B. died in 2015. They did not have any children. The parents of Mr. A are already dead and so are the parents of Mrs. B. A brother of Mr. A is still living. A sister of Mrs. B is also living. The children of the dead sisters and brothers are also living and are of legal age. Who inherits the land and how much % do they inherit?

View user profile

2 Re: The correct order of inheritance on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
Is the brother full-blood?

Is the sister full-blood?

Are the nephews and nieces all legitimate children?

View user profile

3 Re: The correct order of inheritance on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Jadis

Reclusion Perpetua
Art. 1003. If there are no descendants, ascendants, illegitimate children, or a surviving spouse, the collateral relatives shall succeed to the entire estate of the deceased in accordance with the following articles.

Art. 1004. Should the only survivors be brothers and sisters of the full blood, they shall inherit in equal shares.

Art. 1005. Should brothers and sisters survive together with nephews and nieces, who are the children of the decedent's brothers and sisters of the full blood, the former shall inherit per capita, and the latter per stirpes.

Art. 1006. Should brother and sisters of the full blood survive together with brothers and sisters of the half blood, the former shall be entitled to a share double that of the latter.

Art. 1007. In case brothers and sisters of the half blood, some on the father's and some on the mother's side, are the only survivors, all shall inherit in equal shares without distinction as to the origin of the property.

Art. 1008. Children of brothers and sisters of the half blood shall succeed per capita or per stirpes, in accordance with the rules laid down for the brothers and sisters of the full blood.

Art. 1009. Should there be neither brothers nor sisters nor children of brothers or sisters, the other collateral relatives shall succeed to the estate.

The latter shall succeed without distinction of lines or preference among them by reason of relationship by the whole blood.

Art. 1010. The right to inherit ab intestato shall not extend beyond the fifth degree of relationship in the collateral line.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum