Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

malicious mischief &oral deffamation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 malicious mischief &oral deffamation on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:42 pm

summersheen

Arresto Menor
pls.if anyone can give us an advice regarding our problem.
i have neighbors that filed a case against me and my husband.but these are not so true they are making stories that are lies..and they are the one's who filed case of maliciousmischief to me and oral defammation for my husbandand now they are asking for money and they want us to pay this amount.my husband is a foreigner.we have a court hearing this March 3rd..can anyone give us an advice on what can we do..

pls.anyone?

View user profile

2 Re: malicious mischief &oral deffamation on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm

attyLLL

gather evidence that you were not the ones who committed what they are accusing.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: malicious mischief &oral deffamation on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:03 pm

summersheen

Arresto Menor
how can this be settled when in fact when we were at the barangay we only ask for settlement but they want this to become a big issue thats why we have to go to court..we were willing to pay but he refused and said that he needs to ask his kids which are lawyers..and they are trying to scare us..

View user profile

4 Re: malicious mischief &oral deffamation on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:11 pm

summersheen

Arresto Menor
can you pls.give me an advice on how what i should do during the court hearing should we have our own lawyer too?my husband is a very good man.and all i know is they dont have neighbors.this started when me and my husband renovated my mom's house which looks nice now..they started to envy us and causing problems to my mom..with all do respect since his kids are lawyers all the neighbors respects them included us..but this only started when i married a foreigner..they dont have neighbors and BARANGAY OF MAMBALING already refused to settle with these people because of such small problem they want to go to court just beacuse their kids are lawyers and they try to correct The barangay employees including the LUPON.

CAN YOU PLS.GIVE US AN IDEA

View user profile

5 Re: malicious mischief &oral deffamation on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 pm

attyLLL

in settlements, timing is also an issue. i've had cases where it took years until finally the parties were able to reach a settlement.

malicious mischief and oral defamation are very light cases, and can be subject of probation or just fines. once the complainant realizes the amount of work and expenses of litigation, their stance softens and become willing to accept a settlement.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum