Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minor Child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Minor Child on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:33 pm

lhudie

Arresto Menor
Good day!  I hope you can help me with my issue regarding my daughter.  Technically I am a single parent, presently working in Dubai and left my two daughters, ages seventeen (17) and ten (10) under the care of my mother.  My eldest daughter, she's seventeen (17) and currently on her third year, taking up BS Psychology in San Beda College, Manila.  She left the house on 3rd November 2017 (Friday) and never came back.  She didn't had a fight with my mom that day that is why we were surprised that she's complaining against my mom, being her reason why she left the house.  She's claiming that she never had a peace of mind in our house.  Mama is old and a widow since age twenty seven (27), worked abroad as a Domestic Helper for several years so she can raise us, her three (3) children; and now she's sixty six (66), a heart patient (underwent angioplasty in February 2015).  She cannot control her temper and voice whenever her grandchildren won't obey her right away.  She's NOT a disciplinarian.  My daughter didn't blocked us from her facebook account, but customized the entire family from seeing her posts, which includes my brothers, my aunt, and even my cousins whom she's close with. She ignores all our private messages.  We couldn't locate her whereabouts, except from some information we're getting that she's staying with a friend, nineteen (19) years old, highschool classmate who lives in a condominium in Makati.  We used to talk a lot on FB Messenger and Skype (almost everyday), and I can remember the time we spoke before she left, she would have told me that she attended this girl's 19th birthday, and she's really amazed that her friend is already working, took up only two (2) years course, and driving a car.  I got upset and felt bad, knowing that we didn't even fight or something, thinking how can she do these to me and my family.  She never entertained our messages.  She's only talking to my partner (she calls her daddy since she was one year old) so she can get allowances.  I don't even know whether she's still attending to her classes knowing it's gonna be their final exams soon.  I am really confused whether I would still tolerate these things, leave as it is.  Whether we would still enroll her for the next semester as I don't want to be blamed at the end of the day that I completely ignored her and her needs.  Mama tried to consult to the Barangay that covers the Condominium.  We were thinking of filing a case of kidnapping against her friend and the family of whom she's staying with (once we have evidences).  But the Barangay told Mama that we should still be thankful that they accommodated and feed her.  My question is, if they are really concern about my daughter, how come they don't bother to communicate with us and tell us not to worry, that she's safe and all.  I know they should have been believed her claims, but they should have at least inform the family since she's a minor.  Is there any way I can file a case against them since my daughter is a minor?  What am I suppose to do with these?  Please enlighten me if there are possible legal actions on these.

Best regards,

Maria

View user profile

2 Re: Minor Child on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:37 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
I cannot believe that you plan on suing the people who is helping your daughter. Shocked

Your issue is with your daughter, not with the family that is helping her. Do you want to force your daughter to comeback? then file a missing person on the police. if you know where she's at, ask for help from DSWD to force her to come with you. Also, IMHO tell your partner to stop supporting her as it would not do any good.

View user profile

3 Re: Minor Child on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:23 pm

lhudie

Arresto Menor
Thank you for your reply Sir. If there's any basis that I can file legal case against them, yes. Basically, they weren't a good influence to my daughter, particularly my daughter's friend. Otherwise, I would have informed the family of the child since she's a minor.

I have told my partner not to give her allowance so she can learn her lessons, but he doesn't want to lose her trust as he's the only one left whom she's communicating with. He doesn't want to hear her saying "you're not even my biological dad, and all" which will hurt him, raising my daughter as his own.

My ten (10) year old is his child.

If we will be able to locate her and would file a missing person with the police along with the DSWD team, do I need to provide a Special Power of Attorney, authorizing my mother to do such, for and on my behalf? Or does she, my mom, being the maternal grandparent, has full authority with my children, even without executing SPA?

Thanks very much for your time.

View user profile

4 Re: Minor Child on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
That would be hard. You will have to prove that they are corrupting your child and if you cannot prove this, they can sue you back.

If he does not have the guts to discipline her that her actions has consequences, then how can you expect her to comeback or learn anything from all of this?

Any family member can file the missing person report. If you know her location, you should not file a missing person report as she is not missing. Get help from DSWD if that is the case.

View user profile

5 Re: Minor Child on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:19 pm

lhudie

Arresto Menor
Thank you Sir. I hope this can help.

Best regards.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum