Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing Surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Changing Surname on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:43 pm


Arresto Menor
Good pm Atty! Question: How do we change a son's last name to his mother's surname? The mother is not married. Her live-in partner is an american citizen and the child is only 3 mos old. The guy hurts the mother. Can this be a basis for the mother to have her child's surname be changed? How long will this take to process? Thank you so much!

View user profile

2 Re: Changing Surname on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:14 pm


this is a question that is asked often, and the answer is that there is no law that tackles it. The process is to file a petition for change of name with the court, but there is no guarantee whether it will be allowed. All the matters you mentioned are not grounds for change of name.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum