Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help out, please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help out, please? on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 am

BornAgain

Arresto Menor
Had a falling out with a friend through my own fault. I spoke with her about it but she was too mad and respected her desire not to talk to me. Fast-forward to two years later, I messaged her on her FB account to get a feel if she wanted to talk to me and mentioned my willingness to pay for a loan thru installment as I was still trying to get back on my feet, and I got blocked. Fast forward to four years later, she tells common friends that I should expect a demand letter for my loan and allegedly unreturned jewelry.

The loan, I remember but definitely not the jewelry. As far as I know she has no docs were I acknowledged borrowing any jewelry from her. But they say denial is weak in court if ever. I'm thinking the purpose of the demand letter is to satisfy prerequisite for filing for estafa. I seriously cannot recall borrowing jewelry from her. But the loan I am willing to pay through installment.

Is the fact that I cannot remember her allegations about the jewelry going to put me in a bad position? Do I have to find proof that I didn't borrow anything from her or will the burden rest on her? Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: Help out, please? on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:08 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
It depends if she can provide proof about your liabilities. if she can, then even if you don't remember it, you will still be held accountable.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum