Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Estelamarie12

Arresto Menor
Good day....I'm seeking legal advice n assistance...I'm 53 years old, was a battered n bullied wife to a philanderous husband, my late mum begged me to leave him pero un nga sobrang in love dati n w my children in mind. Had 7 medico legal records before in Imus n Bacoor hospitals, went to DSWD for help..I was referred to Lady Judge in Bacoor in 1998, after my mum passed away, pero to no avail, she s not keen on my cases saying physical injury s bailable, so still lived with husband...until I went abroad as a tourist in 2007 and 2011 and never came back to the Phil's...as in TNT domestic worker....but lately lang nauntog. ..now I m dead serious into having my marriage annulled for my self esteem and move on properly n have things in order for my life...I wish n pray someone can really help me get another life and recover myself from my nightmare of being abused, used and bullied by someone who s supposed to protect n care for me. So please Probono lawyers, may God touch your heart and help me. ..this is not only for myself but for my late mum who I know is happy I am now loving myself. God bless

View user profile

2 Re: Annulment on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 pm

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
The Public Attorney's Office can help you with your legal concerns, and they also provide free legal assistance. Once you are back in the Philippines, you should go to the nearest PAO's office in your City/Municipal hall and seek legal advice there.

Alternatively, you may also want to go to the nearest Integrated Bar of the Philippines Chapter in your region since they also have a legal aid clinic that serves the general public without cost.

View user profile

3 Annulment ... on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Estelamarie12

Arresto Menor
Hi again, thanks for your message, I highly appreciate it. However, I am TNT, an illegal person working in hiding. I am not getting any younger and I would like to know if this can be processed in absentia. I have been hearing about the Divorced bill, hope it can unburden people like me, who wants to seek justice for a very bitter and life threatening marriage. Please help more...God bless....

View user profile

4 Re: Annulment on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:20 am

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
Unfortunately, the divorce bill is just a bill yet and it has to pass the house and senate inquiries first before our President can sign it into law. The timetable for that is unpredictable, given the priorities of our legislature as somewhat erratic. Moreover, the divorce bill always creates a national debate and even the Catholic Church chimes in, which further delays the process of making it into a law.

As to your question regarding if the process of your annulment of marriage can be processed in absentia, it cannot be done as far as I can remember our civil laws. Nevertheless, you should seek the advice of a lawyer (since I am still a law student) for a better legal perspective on your question.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help. Try to get a relative here in the Philippines to help you out in getting legal advice for your situation.

View user profile

5 Re: Annulment on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:35 am

Estelamarie12

Arresto Menor
Ah you are already of a big help to me, considering you're still a student, but my queries have already been addressed...let me tell you and it might interest you to know that some Filipina here who are married in pinas as well, resorted to divorce in the Sharia Courts, being converted first to Islam religion, then they were divorced under that court...

Hope I can find a way to free myself from this useless nightmare marriage All the best to you, and please give me some substantial updates on the divorce bill proposal. Good luck and God bless Attorney...

View user profile

6 Re: Annulment on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:31 am

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
Estelamarie12 wrote:Ah you are already of a big help to me, considering you're still a student, but my queries have already been addressed...let me tell you and it might interest you to know that some Filipina here who are married in pinas as well, resorted to divorce in the Sharia Courts, being converted first to Islam religion, then  they were divorced under that court...

Hope I can find a way to free myself from this useless nightmare marriage   All the best to you, and please give me some substantial  updates on the divorce bill proposal. Good luck and God bless Attorney...

Thank you for your kind words, and your input regarding the Shari'a law is interesting. I have to admit, I am not knowledgeable on said law since di yun kasama sa 4-year syllabus sa law subjects namin. But that is very interesting, and I should take the time to learn more about it myself if ever I am to help more people in my profession.

I will update you regarding the developments of the divorce bill inasmuch as I can. In the meantime, stay tuned on our local media websites for updates on our divorce bill if ever I fail to provide you with an update.

I hope your situation will get better. As of now, the annulment procedure in the Philippines is very expensive and it takes a long time for that case to be resolved. Even if you have all the merits on your side, there can be no guarantee of victory in granting the annulment of a marriage since strict yung annulment procedure dito sa Pilipinas.

Make sure to get help from your relatives, if possible. Try going to the nearest Philippine embassy on the country you are staying in, since they usually have attorneys as consuls there.

Godspeed, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

View user profile

7 Re: Annulment on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:04 am

Estelamarie12

Arresto Menor
Hi I don't even know your name but thank you so much for painstakingly replying to my queries. I definitely have all the merits of a good case against my former husband. Sadly, my medico legal records may have been shredded by the hospitals concerned by this time..it is really a grueling n agonizing annulment process we have in our country. And I don't even have the budget to pursue it. Thus, I was thrilled to learn about the divorce bill proposed.

The Sharia courts divorce process coated some pinas here around 200thousand pesos, which I really don't have at the moment.

I hope I can find a way to reach my aim.. God bless...

Sincerely,

Maria Eloisa Zoleta

View user profile

8 Re: Annulment on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:23 am

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
Hospital records are usually kept and not destroyed. It would be prudent if you could ask someone na relative mo dito that you can fully trust to get a copy of those medico-legal records, bigyan mo lang ng letter of authorization with your name and signature on it para makakuha sya ng copy of such report. Those are important documentary evidences that can be used to bolster your case against your husband.

Annulment cases usually cost around half a million pesos, from what I have heard sa mga kakilala ko who are already practicing law. While the Shari'a process might be cheaper as you have heard, the conversion of religion might not be an option for some. I do see the need for a divorce law here in the Philippines, as it would definitely make the process of ending unhappy marriages easier and more streamlined rather than making it rigid and inflexible. There are already reports of courts getting busted for becoming "annulment mills" that churn questionable annulment decisions in an inordinate speed and all the court officials and lawyers are in cahoots with each other. Hopefully, having a divorce law will mitigate corruption in our courts para na rin luminis yung judicial system natin unti-unti.

Again, good luck. Please do not lose hope. Everyone deserves to be happy, in my opinion. I sincerely hope for favorable results on your end.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum