Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need and Advice for buying unsubdivided lot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need and Advice for buying unsubdivided lot on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 am

AMC

Arresto Menor
Hi. We are planning to buy an untitled property (TAX DECLARION only). The name on the tax dec is the grandmother who is long gone, and the one selling it are the grandchildren, apparently the children of the original owner are all dead. It’s a 2 hectare land and we are only buying 3000sqm. They are proposing that when we decide we will buy a portion of the property they will have it surveyed, subdivide it and after the survey we will do the deed of sale. The lawyer of the seller is assuring us it’s secure but we find it risky because we will be paying them the money before the approval of subdivision.
Can anybody advise us on what to do? And can you please enlighten us on the risks involved?
Thanks

View user profile

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
have it divided first before you buy. If it were that easy, then they should have already divided it in the first place.

View user profile

attyLLL

i recommend first that you go to the local CeNro/ Penro office to determine the status of the property is alienable and disposable. the local LMB will be there also and you can inquire about the requirements for subdivision.

A sale of unsubdivided property is ok, but the sellers are not the registered owners. Determine their identity and there are no other heirs. Determine the estate and transfer tax liability. You can do an initial subdivision with a surveyor so it will be clear which part will become yours (if you haven't already)

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum