Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEPARATION PAY

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SEPARATION PAY on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 am

NiceOneJune

Arresto Menor
Good morning!

I work in the food service industry but our restaurant will be closed this January. We the employees are promised that we are going to receive our separation pay, service charge, backpay, etc. But my questions are...

- Separation pay is different from backpay right? Are we going to receive our separation pay before the store closes? Or is it the same with backpay like we will wait for months for us to receive it.

Feedbacks will be appreciated! Cheers! ☺️

View user profile

2 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:48 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua
Separation pay is different from back pay.  Back pay is your last payslip which includes all days worked, vl/sl conversion, pro rated 13th month pay, tax refund if any.  Separation pay is payment for the years of service you rendered to the company, ask your HR how much is the separation pay, if it's 1 month or half month salary X years of service.

As to when it will be given, it depends on the company, they could just give it all at once, separation pay + back pay.

View user profile

3 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm

NiceOneJune

Arresto Menor
So I just heard from our accountant and payroll officer that our separation pay will be given after 2-3 months. Is that even possible? I mean it's separation pay! Not backpay. It's unfair for us to wait that long ffs.

View user profile

4 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm

attyLLL

The company's closing so it's going to be a take it or leave it situation. You can file a complaint at nlrc, but that will take longer than 2-3 months

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:30 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua
Separation pay is different from backpay. Closure of business, as an authorized cause for termination of employment, requires payment of separation pay. Try reading this, I hope it helps. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/authorized-causes-termination-employment

Just make sure that the amount of separation pay that you receive is correct, which is 1 month pay, or 1/2 month pay for every year of service, whichever is higher.

View user profile

6 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am

maxwell_24

Arresto Menor
puwede po paki linaw yung 1 month or 1/2 month salary x the years of service
is it 1 month x years of service or only 1 month
or 1/2 x the years of service confused lang po kung paano po sya binabasa.. thanks.

View user profile

7 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:44 pm

edgardo_tuballes

Arresto Menor
Gusto ko lang ho malaman, if entitled po ba ang empleyado if nag change ng name ang company and also ng location of operation sa SEC and BIR?

View user profile

8 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 pm

edgardo_tuballes

Arresto Menor
Is there a particular article on the Labor code para sa change ng name ng company for the employees to receive a separation pay?

View user profile

9 Re: SEPARATION PAY on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:54 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua
nope, as long as same company parin but nag change name lang, no separation pay. But if nagsara yung company tapos nag bukas under a different name, entitled kayo sa separation pay as long as ang declared nila na reason for closure is not because of business losses.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum