Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

American ex husband want to marry again in philippines. Please help me clear my thoughts.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I am his legal wife in the philippines. His an american living in the philippines with the permanent visa through our marriage. We agreed to lived different lives as he wish to end up our marriage since he got his pension. All he wish is get a new younger girlfriend rather me. He filed our divorce in guam last july and got it in september. Now his living with his girlfiend, his planning to marry here in cagayan de oro where we all living. Can he get married here even though he didnt file a recognition of divorce decree. Our marriage was still active in Philippine Statistic Office. Is it legal for a foreigner to married once , or triple times here in our country? His lawyer in guam told him that he can get married here anytime. I was confused, what will happen to the validity of our marriage. Thank you for the quick response and have a good day.

Last edited by loren78 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Good day,
What case should i file to my ex american husband gf who is regularly attacking me in text using his phone. Im still considered his legal wife since he didnt file recognition of divorce decree on the divorce he got from guam. Please advice me,  his the one who implant false words to his gf and now his gf attacking me, insulting me. Thank you for the advice.

Last edited by loren78 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Need to correct words)

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Hire a lawyer and sue your husband and his new girlfriend.

View user profile


loren, if you want to block his marriage, get a report of marriage (apply for CENOMAR), and give that to the civil registrar when he applies for marriage license.

or if you want revenge, wait and see if he'll be able to get married then file bigamy charges against him

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
Thank you very much for the response.. Its a great help t clear my thoughts about the issue. It was very helpful. Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum