Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice for Foreign Divorce to be accepted in the Philippines (foreign husband filipino wife)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I have been divorced on September 2017 from my EU citizen ex husband. I am now a British citizen since March 2017. I would like to obtain my dual citizenship and change my surname on my filipino passport as its still on my married name. Is there a way that this can be done if I change my name on my British passport and apply for a reaquisition on my maiden name?

If anyone can bring some light on this matter I will be very grateful.

View user profile


not really an expert on this, but for sure, you can go to the philippine embassy or consulate regarding your dual citizenship. regarding your last name, my guess is that they will require you to have a court order recognizing your divorce issued by a PH court

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum