Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Rights to a Child.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legal Rights to a Child. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:19 am


Arresto Menor
Hi Attorney,

Good Day.

Seeking Advise sa aking situation ngayon. Meron po akong common law partner nga nag migrate sa Canada as PR kasama nya anak namin. We have plans to get married para makuha nya ako at makasama doon. Sa kanyang application nakasaad doon nga companion nya yong anak namin, so pumirma ako nga consent or waiver para makasama nya anak namin.

Sa kasamaan palad nakipagbalikan siya sa kanyang ex-boyfriend nga isang foreigner which is a Canadian Citizen. And They're planning to get married. If that happen, kailangan ba niya humingi uli ng consent sa akin regarding sa aming anak since mag-iiba nah apelyido nya? Pipirma ba ako uli nga waiver ?

Pasencya na po.. Seeking advise.

Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Legal Rights to a Child. on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm


Not sure what the laws of Candada are, but it is a general rule that consent of the biological parents are required when a child is being adopted. however, as to her getting married (assuming she is single), she can do so without any requirement from you

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum