Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MINOR as respondent

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MINOR as respondent on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 am


Arresto Menor
Last week my cousin caught the kid wearing her earrings that was stolen from her, so they filed a case against the kid in our barangay. My mother assisted my cousin in filing the case since she was a Lupon in our barangay. After a day or two, the kid went into our house and my cousin's house with an ice pick, forcing to come in and threatening to kill us all, with the help of the police and barangay police the kid wasn't able to do the crime, but he also got away and can nowhere to be found. But the case filed against the kid is scheduled in the barangay.

last night, another neighbor was followed and threatened by the kid which lead to his capture. The Barangay Police brought him to the police but they did not accept the kid, so he was brought to DSWD. DSWD also did not accept the kid. The police told all of us, the complainants to just file the case in our brgy. The kid is 17 years old and have a lot of cases involved in, even before.

my question is, can't he be really put in DSWD? The parents of the kid agrees for that coz they can't discipline the kid anymore. Even if we already blotter the kid, what is the insurance of our families safety, what can we do about the kid? I really need advice coz we can't put him behind bars. tnx.

by the way, somebody told me that there is a law to protect a senior citizen, my mom is 72 yrs old and she was also threatened by the kid. He even aimed the ice pick to her

View user profile

2 Re: MINOR as respondent on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 pm


the law states he is supposed to be taken by the dswd, but most centers just don't have the room because of the number of children in conflict with the law.

perhaps he has rethought his ways after being actuallyi arrested. there is no guarantee that he will not harm you if you file a case at the bgy, but what is your alternative except to just let it go? i recommend that you file your case and hopefully he will change his ways.

if not, the case can still proceed because at his age, he can be considered criminally liable if it can be shown he acted with discernment, knowing that what he was doing was wrong.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum