Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please Help on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm

88eallin

Arresto Menor
Hi,

Foreign national here. I have a bit of a situation.

A lady has given birth to a child and is placing me as the father. I am unsure based on appearance and timeframes.

She has been very threatening and demanding of me for support.

I am not on the birth certificate and have not acknowledged the child.

I have been reluctant to get a dna as she has stated many times she will attempt to just get as much money from me as possible and that I will have no rights with the baby.

So now you have the background I would like to know the following.

What rights does she have to file a case against me? (as she is threatening me with deportation)

What sort of timeframes would it take her if so?

Would she need to request a dna from the courts to prove i'm the father firstly?

I appreciate any advice you can give.

Regards.

View user profile

2 Re: Please Help on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
Don't worry about the situation. If you did not acknowledged the child, the first thing the mother has to do is file a case against you to have the child recognized. the burden will be hers to prove that your the father. The court may require you to have a DNA test to confirm this fact.

Once it has been confirmed that your the father, that is the only time you can be liable for the child. if you will provide financial support to the child, you cannot be charged with anything.

View user profile

3 Re: Please Help on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

88eallin

Arresto Menor
xtianjames wrote:Don't worry about the situation. If you did not acknowledged the child, the first thing the mother has to do is file a case against you to have the child recognized. the burden will be hers to prove that your the father. The court may require you to have a DNA test to confirm this fact.

Once it has been confirmed that your the father, that is the only time you can be liable for the child. if you will provide financial support to the child, you cannot be charged with anything.

Thank you kindly for your reply. Any idea what kind of expense it will be for her to take it through court?

What details of mine would she need in order for the courts to grant the case for dna?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum