Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Custody! PLEASE HELP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Custody! PLEASE HELP on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:21 am

Stopitpopa

Arresto Menor
Dear Atty,
I am a filipino citizen and have a child born out of wedlock with a US Citizen. We are in good terms and plans to get married in the US, once I get my fiance visa.
Our 3 year old daughter is in the custody of her US citizen mother. Both of them resides with her mom's parents in the province. I, rent my own place in the city. The 3 of us stay together for 2-3 weeks in a month either in the city or in the province.

Her U.S. citizen mother is planning to go to the US soon. Our daughter is a filipino citizen, and the mother still needs to finish processing our daughter's citizenship in the Us and could take more than 6 months.

Questions for our family.
1. Who gets custody of our daughter while her mother is abroad? Grandparents (mother's parents) are claiming.
2. Just in case something unforeseen happens in the future, what steps can i do right now that would help me keep custody? (Docs, papers, evidence)
3. In case the mother dies abroad, who gets custody of my child?
4. Who are the people that can give me legal advice in this matter and how much usually is their professional fee?

I apologize for having such a long post. I may not be able to pay you money right now, but i will surely pay you with enormous gratitude. I love my family. i hope someone can help.

View user profile

2 Re: Child Custody! PLEASE HELP on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 am

Stopitpopa

Arresto Menor
Up

View user profile

3 Re: Child Custody! PLEASE HELP on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Stopitpopa

Arresto Menor
Up

View user profile

4 Re: Child Custody! PLEASE HELP on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 pm

attyLLL

I'm assuming this is in the PH and you signed the birth certificate of the child.

The mother gets to decide. She has sole parental authority and right to custody. Try to convince her to give custody to you.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5 Re: Child Custody! PLEASE HELP on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Stopitpopa

Arresto Menor
Yes. In the philippines and I signed the birth certificate of our daughter.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum