Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate child custody

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Illegitimate child custody on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:42 pm


Arresto Menor

My brother has a child out of wedlock. The mother is asking for support which my brother does provide in a regular basis. And that means every payout ever since the child was born. The mother has no regular job. The mother is actually demanding for a specific amount which my brother also follows. The mother has a partner and of course base on the law she has the custody of the child (a girl who's only 14 years old). My brother's problem is, the child has become a juvenile delinquent. Has video scandals in the internet. Not attending school, has a boyfriend in an early age and the worse thing is, the child was recently admitted to the hospital because of a sexually transmitted disease. The hospital expenses was paid by my brother and his partner because the mother demanded. The doctor said, my niece got the disease from a person she had sex with. Now my brother and his partner asked the mother to give the child to him and he will take care of the child. The mother immediately agreed and told us that she cannot handle her daughter anymore because she has grown stubborn and not listening to her anymore. But then after less than a month the mother changed her mind and wants to have the custody of the child. And again, demanding for financial support. The mother is consistently threatening my brother that she will file a case to oblige my brother to give money. Palagi ding nangugulo yung nanay ng bata sa trabaho ng kapatid ko. Dumidirekta sya sa HR at doon nagdedemand ng supprt. Napapahiya na po ang kapatid ko sa trabaho nya. My brother doesn't know what to do. he and his partner is willing to have the custody of the child but the mother is giving him a lot of trouble. My niece is carrying her mother's surname not my brother's. I'm not sure yet if the birth certificate has my brother's signature. I have read the exceptions of the rights of a mother and would like to ask if he has the right to have the custody of his daughter.
Thank you so much for taking time to read my letter. I'm hoping for your immediate suggestion and advise.



View user profile

2 Re: Illegitimate child custody on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:12 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Since hindi kasal ang kapatid mo sa naanakan nya, sa nanay ang sole custody ng bata. pwede nya ireklamo sa korte yung nanay na unfit na alagaan yung anak nila pero hindi parin sigurado na sa kapatid mo iaaward ang custody ng bata since usually sa next of kin ito ina-award.

View user profile

3 Re: Illegitimate child custody on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:51 am


find out first if your brother signed the birth certificate.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum