Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benefits from my deceased brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Benefits from my deceased brother on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 am

Arresto Menor
My brother is working in a bank before he passed away last year, he shared his benefits with my mother and my sister-in-law, my mother is already 80 years old and has Alzheimer, the bank is asking me to go to the court and ask me to be the guardian of my mother, a couple of days a go my sister-in-law told me that we can just get a special power of attorney so they can release his benefits, but suddenly they are asking us to provide the guardian document coming from the court. My question is, how long can this preceding take? Can we also force the bank to release the benefits of my mother using special power of attorney allowing me to get the benefits? Can we also file a case against the bank as they have been delaying the release?

View user profile

2 Re: Benefits from my deceased brother on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:42 pm

she cannot issue an SPA if her Alzheimer's prevents her from doing so intelligently. Even if she did, the bank would still question it. but you can ask the bank if they will honor it.

guardianship can take a few months depending on the court.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum