Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child surname change

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child surname change on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:58 am


Arresto Menor
I'm a foreigner with a flip in a fiancé. We live here along with her 6 year old daughter who illegitimate. My fiancé is pregnant and her daughter calls me dad. I support her daughter 100%. The biological father contributes absolutely nothing to his daughter other than having acknowledged her as his daughter.
We plan on being married in a couple of years due to certain work restrictions on my side.
Anyway our daughter (I see her as my daughter ) has expressed that she desires to bear my surname.
This is understandable because she will be the only one with a different last name.
I know this will cause social issues for and questions that she may be forced to face as well as some embarrassment.
So how do we give her my last name?
Thank you and God bless

View user profile

2 Re: Child surname change on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:20 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
You and your fiance have to adopt her.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum