Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hit and Run Case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hit and Run Case on Sat May 05, 2018 10:02 am

droid018

Arresto Menor
Need legal advise, here is the situation:

April 17, 2018 while travelling at a certain street, i was involved in a motor accident and the other party was a motorcycle. We collided at an intersection wherein traffic should have been from right to left (by my perspective, it was a one way street) but said motorcycle was travelling at high speeds of the opposite direction. Due to its actions, it was already too late when i applied the brakes. I was not even able to see what kind or make the motorcycle was due to how fast he was going. After the impact the motorcycle still continued its momentum taking with them the whole part of my bumper, i immediately stopped and called for an ambulance. Due to shock, I was not able to get out of the car thinking of the incident. When the local enforcers came, they asked me if i was the one who was responsible for the incident, unbeknownst to myself that the motorcycle has already fled the scene after hitting two bystanders. Now, after much investigation on the scene, witness interviews, and patients picked-up by different ambulances, the local enforcers told me that i don't have to worry about the bystanders as it was the motorcycles fault and they said it was a hit-and-run incident. They told me to report to their office so that a police report can be issued. When i arrived at their office and explained what happened, it was on my mind that they already knew what happened. After i read the police report issued, i asked what will happen to those bystanders and the investigator told me not to worry as it was not my fault that they were hit by the motorcycle and it was not included in the blotter.

Now, the issue is, i don't know if it was right for the investigator to disclose my personal number to the bystanders. Next, the bystanders now are pestering me that i help them with their medical bills. I already extended my help to them but now they are asking for more. I was not the one who hit them, it was the motorcycle that fled. Can anyone advise me on what to do to make this stop, as i already have to much on my mind due to the incident. Thank you

Need legal advice, hoping to hear from anyone as soon as possible.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum