Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Custody

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Custody on Thu May 10, 2018 6:25 pm

leighcapala

Arresto Menor
My brother and his girlfriend live in our family house, along with their child. My brother is a nautical graduate and he is just about to have a job as a seaman in a few months and his girlfriend is still in college. My mother and my brother’s girlfriend had a really heated verbal altercation. And his girlfriend is going back to her house, bringing with her child with her. The reason for their verbal altercation was because my brother’s girlfriend went drinking with her friends instead of taking care of her child. My brother’s girlfriend is tactless and she has made a few scenes before, eksenas if you will. This isn’t the first time my mother and her had a fight. They fought when my mother defended me when I called my brother’s girlfriend out for keeping on shouting on her daughter because it was so annoying and she suddenly snapped at me. If my brother gets his job, can that be used as a legal ground for child custody even if he’s going to be an OFW? Also my brother’s girlfriend is still a student and has no job, can that be used against her? If there are better ways to acquire child custody, then please do share them. Also is a child custody case a common case for pro-bono? We really have no money to get a lawyer and we’ll do our best to get the child.

View user profile

2 Re: Child Custody on Thu May 10, 2018 7:33 pm

leighcapala

Arresto Menor
Additional information: they are unmarried but the child uses the surname of my brother (our family name)

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

3 Re: Child Custody on Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 am

attyLLL

The mother of an illegitimate child has right to sole custody and parental authority. At most the father has visitation rights if they are living separately, and he still has the obligation to provide support

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4 Re: Child Custody on Tue May 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Courgeous_mom

Arresto Menor
Good evening attyLLL I have an enquiry about filing a case against my husband so I can get the sole custody of our son. He left me and my son couple of weeks now and decided to stay with his parents. He has been unemployed for almost 6 mos. and since I'm a full time mom and stay-home parent of our 22 mo. old son we are money-striken and caused a lot of fights between us. So one morning he packed up and left. Aside from being jobless he is also a drunkard. Do I have strong case against him?

View user profile

5 Re: Child Custody on Tue May 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Courageous_mom

Arresto Menor
Good evening attyLLL I have an enquiry about filing a case against my husband so I can get the sole custody of our son. He left me and my son couple of weeks now and decided to stay with his parents. He has been unemployed for almost 6 mos. and since I'm a full time mom and stay-home parent of our 22 mo. old son we are money-striken and caused a lot of fights between us. So one morning he packed up and left. Aside from being jobless he is also a drunkard. Do I have strong case against him?

View user profile

6 Re: Child Custody on Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 pm

attyLLL

courageous mom, you don't need to go to court. Just deny any attempt from him to try to take your child.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.

7 Re: Child Custody on Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Janice10

Arresto Menor
Hello attorney, i am an ofw and i have a 9yrs old daughter. I left her with his father for 5yrs but i am supporting her monthly. Then last year my daughter wants to stay with my parents while i am planning to fix her paper so she can come together with me here in norway. But now the father took her again and they want her to stay with him. They wont allow her also to migrate here in norway. We are not married and separated for 6yrs. Do i have a legal custody to bring her here in norway? Thanks ahead for the reply.

View user profile

8 Re: Child Custody on Tue May 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Courageous_mom

Arresto Menor
That is what I have been doing I have been rejecting his call and I sent him a message that I will never let him see my son anymore but worst case scenario if his parents will push him to take it to court, will I have a strong case against him?

View user profile

9 Child custody by a grandparent on Wed May 23, 2018 10:15 pm

tess88

Arresto Menor
Hello,
my daughter is 23 yrs old now, got pregnant at age 17. her son is 5yrs old already. she is a single mom, father of my grandson refused to acknowledge him from the very start (since she became pregnant), needless to say that the child's surname is the same with her mother, with no middle name.
i am the grandmother, i have shouldered all expenses since birth. my daughter did not anymore continue with her studies, she neglects her son. they both live in my house with her siblings.
my daughter has been habitual headache, she does not take care of her son, she is unemployed, she leaves the house and go missing for days without any information at all.
i have taken responsibility of my grandson, schooling, medication, and all other basic needs 100%.
her only contribution is to look after him every single day but still fails to do it.
she spends most of her time talking to friends on social media, play online games. in short, totally irresponsible.
no amount of advise, reprimanding, scolding etc, made her realize all her mistakes.
i want to file a petition for full custody of my grandson.
please advise. thank you.

View user profile

10 Re: Child Custody on Thu May 24, 2018 6:58 pm

attyLLL

courageous mom, if he goes to court, it's possible he will be given visitation rights, but custody will remain with you.

janice, under PH law, only you have the right to custody because the child is illegitimate. Getting her back though, is a another question. Consider having a representative file a complaint for VAWC.

tess, answered your other post

11 Child Custody on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 am

AndrzejPomski

Arresto Menor
Hello!
Can a father without child support file for child custody? He is married now going 3 years and I am also married with a new partner for more than a year now.

View user profile

12 Re: Child Custody on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:30 am

attyLLL

he can file it, but unlikely it will prosper. he might be given visitation rights also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum