Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 year old kid wants to use father's last name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi, everyone!

I sought to ask legal advise on how to proceed on my niece's case. She's a 5-year old, and she's currently using my sister's last name (her mother). They hadn't had the chance (or just didn't do so) to change her last name to his father's. My sister went to the Civil registry and asked how to proceed and she was told to get a copy of my niece's baptismal certificate showing his father's last name, but that isn't the case, her birth certificate also carries her mother's last name. Her baptismal certificate can't be changed till her Birth certificate is changed. My sister and the father are not married but they are living together

We don't know how to proceed from here. We just want to get this processed as his Kuya is using their father's last name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


View user profile


the father needs to execute an affidavit of admission of paternity and submit that to the Local Civil Registry

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum