Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real Estate Tax

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Real Estate Tax on Sat May 19, 2018 1:00 pm


Arresto Menor

I would like to post a question with regards sa Real Estate Tax

As my father had invested in a condo unit, in which he was offered to have the downpayment to be paid in 3 years and after the remaining balance shall be loan on the bank. On reaching almost the 3rd year on paying the downpayment, my father had passed away. Since my father had died before he can even loan the remaining balance i had to step in pay the remaining balance for the downpayment.

The property is named together with my mother as a conjugal property, but since my mother had no source of income she cant loan on to the bank. The other option is to have it transferred to me so that i can apply a bank loan and able to save the property.

The said property during my father had died is not even ready yet for handover, as we are trying to have it transferred to me the developer said ,real estate tax must be settled before it can be even transferred.

So the question is

1) Is it necessary to have the real estate tax to be paid after my father had died, even if it the said property has not yet handover/turnover to him, as the development has not been completed during the time he had died, furthermore my mother is also named on the document a co-owner.

2) If the real estate tax is to be paid how much will be it's total cost (e.g. condo =php 2,900,000)

Thanks and best regards

View user profile

2 Re: Real Estate Tax on Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 am


are you sure it's real estate tax that the developer said (which is a tax charged by the local government) or estate tax (which is a tax for transfer of properties of someone who passed away)? I'm guessing it's estate tax.

you and your father's heirs just need to execute an extrajudicial settlement of estate which should include his conjugal share in the condo. After clearance from the BIR, the developer can transfer the condo

estate tax would be based on the amount invested in the condo at the time of your father's death plus all his other shares in the conjugal assets

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum