Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legitimate Child Who Wants To Use The Mother’s Surname Instead of The Father’s

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi. I am of legal age and I haven’t had any contact with my father for more than a decade. I no longer want to use his surname. My surname on my BC is of my mother’s but my father was listed and used an affidavit. They were then married when I was 5 but had a legal separation when I was in high school. I haven’t seen or talked with him for years, he was a very irresponsible father and he was hitting my mother when they were still together. He never gave financial support after the separation. Thus, I want to use my mother’s maiden name instead of his. Do I have the right to choose which surname I’d like to use po?

Thank you for those who will answer po. I’ll really appreciate it because I’ve been wanting to change it for years.

View user profile


you have to use his surname unless you petition the family court to allow you to do otherwise

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum