Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

validation of divorce

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 validation of divorce on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm

morbid angel

Arresto Menor
filipino citizen po ako at kasal po ako sa natural born canadian dto sa pinas and nagfile cya for divorce sa canada at naprocess nman agad. pwede po ba ako mag asawa ulit dto sa pinas? or kelangan mag apply pa ako for annulment?

View user profile

2 Re: validation of divorce on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:53 am


Prision Correccional
There is no need to file for an annulment. If your foreign spouse obtain a valid divorce abroad, the divorce is recognized here.

The specific Family Code provision is Article 26, specifically the second paragraph. It states:

Art. 26. All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines, in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they were solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35 (1), (4), (5) and (6), 3637 and 38. (17a)

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law.

View user profile

3 Re: validation of divorce on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:02 pm


morbid, it is correct that you don't have to file an annulment case, but you have to file a judicial petition to have the divorce recognized here first before you can remarry.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum