Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

family and marriage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 family and marriage on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:36 pm

1stborn

Arresto Menor
gud eve po. my father got married to his second wife way back 2011.while pregnant, last 2015 to my now brother, my father and her got separated. financially, my father supported her through my grandmother since the reciever of the allotment was my grandmother. religiously, my lola gave the financial support to her until such she gave birth and unntil now. but later recently, she filed a VAWC case against my father, stating that they have been abandoned by him and without any support at all. we, tried to negotiate, but she refuse to any negotiations, we even ask her how much she wanted for a support. she told us that she will put my father to jail,and no need of any negotiations. please i need your advise.is this possible?

Last edited by 1stborn on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: family and marriage on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:46 am

attyLLL

your father's defense will be to show the proof of support that was coursed through your grandmother

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3 Re: family and marriage on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:10 am

1stborn

Arresto Menor
attorney, is it possible that she will turn down any negotiations offered, eventhough we are open for any and stick for her plan of jailing my father?

View user profile

4 Re: family and marriage on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:40 am

attyLLL

if the mother doesn't agree to your offers, then yes, she can continue

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.

5 Re: family and marriage on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 pm

1stborn

Arresto Menor
thank you attorney. its just vague because she was asked why she wanted to file a vawc case with grounds of economic violence;she the said that she wanted my father to lose his job and be jailed. what legal actions can we do,and proper move should we make?my father is currently working abroad so he cannot personally answer the said allegation...

View user profile

6 Re: family and marriage on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 am

attyLLL

prepare for the case she might file by drafting affidavits and gathering the documents to show that there was support provided. your father can answer by swearing to his counter affidavit at the embassy/consulate

7 Re: family and marriage on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:51 pm

1stborn

Arresto Menor
the support was given religiously and personally by my lola, since the allotment was given to her. we don't have any reciepts, only verbal testimony.we did not see it coming though. since we thought all is well until now.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum