Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing the Last Name of an Illigitimate Child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

annegen

Arresto Menor
Hi! I was foolish enough to adopt the last name of my ex boyfriend for our son. I thought that this would not make him stay or send us support but I was wrong. My ex boyfriend left us to go abroad when I was 4 months pregnant with our son. He said that he needs to seek greener pasteurs in preparation for his growing family. However, his intentions was really to leave us without sending any support. When I gave birth, I sent the documents to him for him to sign and acknowledge our child and he signed the birth certificate.

However, since he has not been sending support and I really don't want to do anything with him, I want my child's last name to follow my last name. How can I do this? What do I need to do? I consulted a lawyer who said that this can not be done since there was a consent from the father. But he was father only in paper and we are not married. Please help me.

Thanks!

View user profile

attyLLL

i would agree with the lawyer you consulted. the law doesn't provide how the child can revert back to the mother's surname so even if you file a petition in court, i'm afraid there is no guarantee it will be granted.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

tof

Arresto Menor
Hi! My daughter have her bio father's last name but we are not married. How can I change her last name to my husbands surname.

View user profile

attyLLL

tof, you and your husband will have to adopt your daughter.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum