Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Agreement to Drop Charges

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Agreement to Drop Charges on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 am

Mike M

Arresto Menor
I’m hoping for some good advice.

My wife’s brother has been charged with rape and kidnapping his apparent former girlfriend. We live in the US and I have no idea about the merits of the case one way or the other. Seems like it’s her word against his and I don’t know who to believe.

However, the alleged victim offered to not continue to press charges if she’s payed a sum of money. Is this something that can be legally arranged in the Philippines and is it enforceable? How can we be assured she doesn’t change her mind after she is paid or ask for more money? Can the prosecutor still press charges even without her testimony? We just want to make sure what we’re being asked to do is both legal and not a scam. Thanks for any insight you can provide. Salamat.

View user profile

2 Re: Agreement to Drop Charges on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:34 am


She should issue an affidavit of desistance at the prosecutor's office so it can be used against her if she tries to re-fil

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Agreement to Drop Charges on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 am

Mike M

Arresto Menor
Thank you for the advice. Follow-up... can the prosecutor still press charges on behalf of the state? And it sounds like the Affidavit isn’t a sure thing If she can try to refile charges? I appreciate your help.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum