Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights to due process information as a victim of hostility in the workplace

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

femme fatal

Arresto Menor
As a victim of hostility and threat in the workplace, can the victim ask proof from HR that proper warnings were issued to the offender?

Because there were incidents before.  Unfortunately, it was not addressed properly obviously for the reasons that management and HR dont want to report it and the victim was asked to backdown and work it out thru mediation instead of due process. That and some cover ups were also present.

But because another more serious incident occured again, the victim wants to go thru due process this time and wants to make sure that proper warning letters was issued on record.  But the victim was told by HR and management that the details of the warnings and due process is not disclosable even to the victim himself due to the data privacy act.

Is this true ? Even as being the victim/complainant, he has no right to a copy or at least a written confirmation of details of the warnings or due process was exercised ? Then how to ascertain that the offender was properly dealt with ?

View user profile


It wouldn't be due to the data privacy act, but a company doesn't have to disclose its disciplinary actions to other persons, even to you.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

femme fatal

Arresto Menor
Thanks attyLLL

Then how to ascertain that the offender was properly dealt with ?

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
you can't. the most you can do is to make sure you keep records of your complaint just in case the incident happens again.

If you feel the situation is serious enough you can report it to the barangay.
Please bear in mind that this will cause tensions in the workplace and judging by the employer's previous response he does not want this to happen, therefore this might strain your relationship with your employer.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum