Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life threatening House

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Life threatening House on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:31 pm

livelikehell

Arresto Menor
Thank you in advance.

Hi, we just bought a house and have been staying here for about 7 months now and the seller actually sold the house at almost half the price of what she originally asked. We are aware that the area is flood prone and is beside the river. During inspection we saw a crack in the floor and the sink beside it, the seller said that it was due to an earthquake that happened a few months back. Present day, habagat passed a few weeks back and we noticed that water is coming out of the crack, upon further inspection I noticed that the crack widened and there was a slight depression in the floor. Luckily, Maynilad engineer are at our subdivision and my mother asked them if they can check the said crack. We were shocked in knowing that below our house is a floodway tunnel and that the depression in the floor may be a sign that the foundation of the house is weakening and that it was already dangerous in staying here. My mother payed in cash through bank loan using our other house as a collateral. We are in constant danger in this house. Please help us.

Question:
1. Deed of sale says "as is where is", can it be voided due to their non disclosure/deception of the real condition of the house?
2. We have already payed for the taxed and other govt requirements amounting to 200k plus the interest of the bank loan. Can we file these expenses to be charged to the seller due to their action?

Any other information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum