Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maiden name issues

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 maiden name issues on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm


Arresto Menor
I'm married but I'm not annulled or legally separated to my ex-husband... I'm applying for a passport for the first time, can I use my maiden name instead of the surname of my husband? And can I also state there that my status is SINGLE?

Another thing, what I filed in my SSS before is my husband's surname? Now, that we're separated yet not annulled, can I change my SSS status to SINGLE and change it to my maiden name again?

Thank you so much for your replies.

View user profile

27 Re: Maiden name issues on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 pm


yes, you can use your maiden name for your passport, but you cannot force the SSS to change its records. and you are still considered to be married.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum