Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Student Threatened by Professor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Student Threatened by Professor on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:47 pm


Arresto Menor

A few weeks ago, I spoke with my professor on the phone. Throughout the conversation, she raised her voice and threatened me three times, most notably, that "hindi kita papagraduatin."

I am a graduating post-grad student. I was supposed to graduate this summer after my thesis defense.

Furthermore, my professor trampled my character - calling me a liar and a problem. (For the record, academically I have a GPA of 90). She likewise emailed all my panelists (the faculty group that serves to deliberate on my thesis defense) and made it appear that I was being less than honest.

As it stands, I will sadly not be able to graduate this summer. At the same time, I felt distressed by threats and character attack in our phone conversation; and humiliated and discredited. And I do not know what to do, if I have rights to fight for and whether I even have a legitimate case against my professor and department.

Please please advise. I am so depressed by this and feel very powerless.

View user profile

2 Re: Student Threatened by Professor on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:01 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Have you tried escalating the concern to the head of that department? The current head should be able to handle a complaint filed against your professor who did those alleged acts against you.

If there is no resolution, keep on escalating the concern to the higher-ups until your case gets resolved.

If the school fails to act on it or if you feel that there is collusion among the school administrators that is unfavorable towards you, try going to the nearest regional CHED office and ask for advice regarding your case. They should have a legal department that can look into your concern.

Good luck.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum