Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

birth certificate

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 birth certificate on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 pm

ktapeno

Arresto Menor
Hi im a newbie here, just want to seek for an advise which way to go.

Before my mom got married to another man, i was using my original bc with my biological fathers surname, that was way back elementary pa ko. and when my mom got married in Japan, Theyve changed my surname to his husbands so i can visit her there, they said they legally went through the process of changing it, so ive been using that bc at school, when i worked, and now to my children as well, when i applied to stay in Australia, and completed all the docs the i need, i found out at NSO that ive got 2 bc records in there, which is the 2nd one na ginagamit ko now, is not official/legal. The first time i got 2 copies of the previous bc the im using, they released 2 copies for me and the 2nd time i went to get another copies they said that its not in their system cos its not the legal one,so they blocked it, and i cant get any copy of it anymore. they said that the first one is the legal one, and said its my fault. Im wondering why, because they have released a copy when i tried it the first time, and im not even aware that my stepfather did all those illegal process as i am too young that time, i dont have any communications w him as my mother passed away 3 years ago.

What should i do for it to be fixed>
and would it cost me much money?
can someone advise me? thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: birth certificate on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:54 am

attyLLL

the first registered birth certificate is the official one. with computerization, the NSO has been able to identify multiple entries.

you will have to file a petition in court to have your name changed, or revert to your proper name in the first birth certificate.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: birth certificate on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:05 pm

ktapeno

Arresto Menor
Yung current surname po kasi yung pinagamit sakin ng mom ko when she's still alive after she got married w another man which is not my biological father. Paano po gagawin ko dun sa una? Hassle na kasi I've used the current one with my children as well, to all my docs, school records, passports, etc. Cos yun yung alam ko, recently ko Lang nlaman that the one i'm using is not legal. I mean niregister nila from my original which is in Caloocan to valenzuela. But still the same name, mother, birhdate, ung surname Lang tlga and father yung magulo. Whas the best thing I can do. Pls help.
Ur advise will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

View user profile

4 Re: birth certificate on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 pm

attyLLL

you will have to file a petition in court to have your name changed

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: birth certificate on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 pm

ktapeno

Arresto Menor
Thank you po! dami kayo natutulungan! More power to u atty.!

View user profile

6 Re: birth certificate Today at 4:24 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum