Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP! I need legal advice about domestic abuse.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My friend is a victim of domestic violence and adultery. But she doesn't wanna file charges against her husband. But she's willing to file a divorce. Is it okay to take medicolegal and only ask for the certificate without filing charges against the husband? She just wants to use it as proof of physical abuse just in case the husband doesn't want to get a divorce. Just in case it gets messy. Please help us. We don't know what to do.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
There is no divorce law in the Philippines, for now.

The proper remedy here is Annulment. However, it is very expensive and lengthy to process, and the expenses depend on the rate of the lawyer that you will hire.

As far as I know, domestic abuse and violence are not grounds for annulling a marriage. It is grounds for legal separation, as far as ending the marriage goes. However, legal separation does not allow both of them to remarry, and that is why it is rare for someone to opt for this remedy.

Criminal charges should be filed against the husband. He has violated the Anti-VAWC law with his actions, and he can be imprisoned. You should seek help with the PAO or the Women's Help Desk to the nearest Municipal/City hall.

Good luck.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum